No-Spa 40mg Tablet
Each tablet contains 40mg Drotaverine Hydrochloride.
No-Spa Forte Tablet
Each tablet contains 80mg of Drotaverine Hydrochloride.
Smooth Muscle Spasms Connected With Diseases of Biliary Origin: cholecystolithiasis, cholangiolithiasis, cholecystopathy, cholecystitis, pericholecystitis, cholangitis papillitis.
Smooth Muscle Spasms of the Urinary Tract: nephrolithiasis, ureterolithiasis, pyelitis, cystitis, vesical tenesmus.
- Smooth Muscle Spasms of Gastrointestinal Origin: gastric and duodenal ulcer, gastric, enteritis, colitis and pylorus spasm, irritable colon syndrome, spastic constipation or gas syndrome, pancreatitis.
- Headaches of Vascular Origin
- In Gynecological Diseases: Dysmenorrhoea, Adnexitis
Dosage and Administration
Children Between 1 And 6 Years: The usual daily dose is 40-120 mg (in 2-3 divided doses).
Children over 6 years: The usual daily dose is 80-200mg (in 2-5 divided doses).
Adults:The usual dose is 120-240mg daily (in 2-3 divided doses).
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or to any of the excipient
- Severe renal or hepatic failure
- Severe cardiac insufficiency (low output syndrome)
- Children under 1-year old;
- No-Spa Injection is contraindicated in children.
Special Warnings and Precautions
- In case of hypotension the administration of this drug needs increased caution.
- Due to the presence of lactose, patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like papaverine decrease the antiparkinsonian effect of levodopa. When No-spa (drotaverine) is administered together with levodopa, rigidity and tremor may therefore become aggravated.
No case of No-Spa (drotaverine) overdose has been reported. In case of overdose, the patient should be closely monitored, and managed by symptomatic and supportive care. Suggested measures include emesis and/ or gastric lavage.
- Protect from moisture, freezing, excessive heat and Sunlight
- Keep No-Spa and every medicine out of the reach of children
- Do not use any medicine later than the date of expiry shown on the package
- No-Spa 40mg Tablets
- No-Spa Forte Tablets